Friday, May 25, 2012

1st Appointment

Yesterday they called me for my first appointment. I head to Fargo for an ultrasound blood work and to talk with the Dr. She said she just has to be sure there are no red flags like if I'm not 100% sure. I kinda got this feeling that they are going to try and scare me or something. the nurse was all..
"well we need to tell you everything and I'm sure there are things you don't know. We just don't want any red flags" just the way she said ...I dono
When we go up in 2 weeks for our Dr's appointment Nicks going to take the day off so we don't have to rush and can relax that day.

I told her Ive thought about this for 4 years. Looked into the process talked with other surrogate mothers and even went and got a physical with my OB and got the green light from her.


Nick and I have a psych evaluation at the end of next month. She said it would be about an hour long but its hard with kids there so Samantha is going to come with and play with the kids.
Sadley for this appointment we wont be able to stay after. Nick has to get back right away and head off to work. I asked about them scheduling the appointments the same day but it wasn't possible. DARN! LOL
Worth a try right. keep all the expenses down if at all possible!

Then after that we have our trial transfer to make sure I get thick enough to hold the pregnancy. I haven't been this concerned with my body in over 4 years. hoping it does what I want it to (with fertility stuff) and that we can do it all in one shot =)

Ill be saying lots of prayers that's for sure.
I started my healthy eating routine like I did with Thomas. I believe that if someone if trying to get pregnant (or hold a baby) you have to give your body the best so it can do its job the best.
  • I don't over eat...
  • Lots of fruit veggies and whole grains
  • Lean meats
  • cut out 99.9% of all pop (I don't drink much pop as it is but still)
  • Vitamins
  • supplements
  • sleep
  • exercise
  • And with the foods I eat I try and eat as organic as possible.
  • minimize any alcohol intake..
I may be a nerd but I believe its very important.



No comments:

Post a Comment