Tuesday, July 17, 2012

To Sam and Jack

Our friendship started differently,
 Than most friendships I've had.
 We had to search each other out,
 because of pain we both had.

A precious little bundle to fill your arms,
 Is what you were looking for.
 Your broken tummy took that away
A broken tummy that you had no say.

And so a search began for you,
 to find a helping heart.
 So similar to my own search,
 not knowing where to start.

For me, the search is special,
 See I too know that pain
 I was told of PCOS
 And the child that would never be
 A child that came 2 years later
And another that’s now 3

I wanted a couple to have a child for...
 the one with a broken tummy.
 The one I searched for

Now we've found each other,
 so real it seems to be.
 Through faith and hope and honesty,
 we're moving toward your dream.

But the dream we have,
 it is the same, a dream that's filled with firsts.
 First smiles, first laughs, first steps, first words.
 All starting with a birth.

Since I know this pain that you bare inside even.
 though I can't imagine, all that you've been through,
 I hope you know I'll do my best to bring a child to you.

Surrogacy is something not many can do.
 But I've been there and here I am,
 I'm drawn to helping you.

Some people call us Blessings,
angles in disguise.
 Im no angle Im just me
 I feel all normal inside.

Even tho our journey is just starting,
 and no one knows our end.
 I pray it brings to you a child,
 and brings to me a friend.
 I promise to never leave you,
 Don’t ever be afraid.
 Im here no matter how long this takes

Love,
Amanda Dahmes

No comments:

Post a Comment